- Running with the Stars celebrates our 11th year in Fall 2019!
- Registration officially opens on August 22nd and continues until practices begin.
- Fall season practices begin the week of September 23rd and end by December 5th.
- The end of season 5K Fun Run will be held on Sunday, December 8th, 2019 in Ashburn, VA.
- Race Day Details:
Volunteers arrive at 7:00AM
Coaches arrive at 7:00AM
Check-in will begin at 7:15AM
Line up begins at 7:30AM
The 5K will start promptly at 8AM
- Reminder - This is a closed race, open only to runners who participate in the RWTS program and their buddy runners. This is a non-competitive fun run where only the kids are timed for purposes of reaching their own goals and personal best along the way.
- We hope to have many of our schools and coaches back again this year and encourage anyone interested in more information about the program to contact us.
Running with the Stars will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in Spring 2019! Running with the Stars is an after school program consisting of girls and boys in first through sixth grade in the Northern Virginia and Maryland area. Participants train after school two times a week with a coach, typically a parent or teacher, to prepare for a 5K run/jog. This is a non-competitive activity where we encourage the kids to strive for their own personal best. Our goal is to promote overall health and an interest in exercise. Ultimately, the kids will have a great time being active with their friends and build confidence along the way.
Get involved, encourage our youth to be active,
and HAVE FUN!